Famous and widely available, bibimbap is like fried rice, but instead of being fried it’s just all mixed up like a salad. It’s the khao yam or khao kluk kaphi or Korean cuisine.
– Cooked rice
– a package of bean sprouts
– a bunch of spinach
– 2 small size of zucchinis
– 5-7 Shiitake mushrooms
– fernbrake (gosari)
– 200 grams of ground beef (about half a pound)
– 1 small carrot, eggs
– soy sauce, hot pepper paste, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and vegetable oil
Arrange everything on a platter.
- Cook rice. You can use a rice cooker or a stainless pot.
- Next, you need to prepare a large platter to put all your ingredients on. Rinse your bean sprouts 3 times and put them in a pot with a cup of water. Add 1 ts of salt and cook for 20 minutes. Drain water and mix it with 1 clove of minced garlic, sesame oil and a pinch of salt.
- Put it on the platter.
- Put your spinach in a pot of boiling water and stir it for a minute. Then rinse it in cold water a few times and squeeze it lightly. Mix it with a pinch of salt, 1 ts of soy sauce, 1 clove of minced garlic and sesame oil. Put it on the platter. Cut 2 small size zucchinis into thin strips, sprinkle them with a pinch of salt, and then mix them together. A few minutes later, sauté them in a pan over high heat. When it’s cooked, it will look a little translucent. Put it on the platter.
- You can buy soaked and cooked “gosari” at a Korean grocery store. Prepare about 2 or 3 cups of gosari for this 4 servings of bibimbap. Cut it into pieces 5-7 cm long and sauté in a heated pan with 1 ts of vegetable oil. Stir and add 1 tbs of soy sauce, ½ tbs of sugar, and cook them for 1-2 minutes. Add sesame oil. Put it on the platter.
- Slice shitake mushrooms thinly and sauté with 1 ts of vegetable oil. Add 2 ts of soy sauce and 1 or 2 ts of sugar and stir it for 2 minutes. Add some sesame oil, and put it on the platter.
- On a heated pan, put some oil and 200 grams of ground beef and stir it. Add 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tbs of soy sauce, 1/2 tbs of sugar, a little grounded black pepper, and sesame oil.
- Put it on the platter.
- Cut a carrot into strips, sauté it for 30 seconds and put it on the platter.
prepare eggs with sunny side up.
- Put your rice In a big bowl, and attractively display all your vegetables and meat t. Place the sunny side up egg on the center.
- Serve it with sesame oil and hot pepper paste.
- Lastly, mix it up and eat!
You could use any of your favorite ingredients to make delicious bibimbap: carrot, fernbrake (gosari), spinach, white mushrooms, zucchini, soybean sprouts, salmon, okra, and red bell pepper.